What information we collect: RVU may ask for and collect personally identifiable information from you at certain points throughout the Site. Depending on the information and/or services you request, we may ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, company name, title, address, phone and fax number, and similar information ("Personal Information"). In general, you can visit RVU's Web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
In addition to the information you knowingly provide us, we keep track of the domains and IP numbers from which people visit us. We also collect Site usage statistics such as Web browser types and page requests and track users' movements. This data is not personally identifiable and is used to more efficiently operate our business, prepare for network load demands, promote the services and administer the Site. To the extent this information is associated with a particular user, such information will be considered personally identifiable information and will be protected accordingly.
We will obtain your consent before linking your personal information with information about you obtained from other sources.
How we use your information: We may use your information:
- To respond to your requests or provide you further information about RVU, including membership opportunities, new developments and communications from RVU members about RVU-related products or services.
- To provide you with personalized content.
- For members of RVU to:
- list member company names in a public Web site directory
- create contact lists in a members-only area to permit working group members to contact each other
- permit anyone affiliated with a member to have their contact information made available in a members-only area
- To give our Site developers information that may be useful for developing new features and products for customers.
- To improve the content and navigability of the Site.
- To alert you to new Site features.
- If required to do so by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of RVU, our members, users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
RVU will not rent, lease or sell your Personal Information to third parties.
With whom we share your Personal Information: RVU will not disclose your personally identifiable information to any company or individual not a member of RVU unless it is: (i) at your request, (ii) to outsource one or more of the functions described in the previous section, or (iii) with the proper authorities in response to a legal order or official request.
Children: The Site is not directed to children. We do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
Linking to other sites: The Site may contain links to third party Web sites. RVU is not responsible for the privacy practices, security or the content of such Web sites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the Web sites you visit.
How you can decide what communications you will receive: You may opt-out from RVU Public Mail Lists if you do not wish to receive further communications from RVU. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make as promptly as possible.
How you can view or update your personal information: To ensure that you have as much control over your personally identifiable information as possible, we allow you to view, update, revise or delete the information you provide by e-mailing us at admin@RVUalliance.com. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make, or your request for deletion, as promptly as possible.
How we protect information: RVU attempts to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. We have a strict internal security policy that limits access to production systems and personal information only to authorized personnel. Our servers are protected by reasonable physical and electronic security. Your privacy is very important to us, but due to the existing legal, regulatory and security environment, we cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other Personal Information will not be disclosed to third parties. Under certain circumstances, the government or third parties may lawfully or unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, in the unlikely event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we may disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary and/or appropriate. Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may also need to disclose Personal Information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on this Site.