What is RVU
What is RVU
- Expected to accelerate the availability of service provider content throughout the connected home.
- Helps enable rapid introduction of new features and applications that typically accompany commercial content.
Benefits of RVU Technology
RVU Signal Flow: Server and Client elements send RUI commands and responses on command channels as XML strings. On data channels, RUI elements send binary or ASCII data, as well as A/V streams, over HTTP/DTCP-IP.
Remote User Interface (RUI)
Flexibility and Features:
- RUI runs in a lightweight footprint.
- RUI maintains the exact look and feel of the original device.
- RUI is flexible enough to take advantage of local graphic capabilities of the client.
- Graphic items can be cached in offscreen buffers and blended remotely on the client under server management.
- System is efficient in network utilization.
- RUI supports live TV streaming.
- RUI supports extensions for advanced UIs and client capabilities, for example, 3D.
Scope of RVU Technical Specifications:
- Device and Service Discovery and Control - UPnP SSDP
- Media Management, Distribution, and Control - Digital Living Network AllianceTM (DLNA®), UPnP
- Content streaming and media format interoperability - DLNA AV Transport HTTP
- Digital content protection - DTCP-IP link protection
- Remote User Interface - Low-overhead remote bitmap RUI, including remote control commands and status from client devices to the server